€24,00In StockIn StockOut of stock
Curator: Cristina Quattrini
Pages: 144 p.
Description: A new important acquisition for the Brera Art Gallery. The five precious sixteenth-century tables with singing angels and musicians, the work of Bernardo Zenale, which adorned the choir of the organ of Santa Maria di Brera, return to the museum. Thanks to the donation of Antonella and Guglielmo Castelbarco, the tables, taken away in 1571, today return to Brera in the halls of the Pinacoteca, built in 1808 precisely occupying in the museum those same spaces of the ancient church.The works, which will remain in the permanent collection of the Pinacoteca, will be open to the public with a path that will see them placed in room 10 of the Pinacoteca next to the Madonna del tappeto (1485) and the Martyrdom of San Sebastiano (about 1488) frescoed by Vincenzo Foppa and the Pala Busti (about 1515/1518) by Zenale himself.